First Nations People of Alberta
The Blackfoot were one of the first people to live in Alberta. Discover how this nation lived and thrived in the Canadian prairies. This activity will help you to understand and learn more about the history of this very important nation.
Learn about the life of the Blackfoot people. Research the traditions, beliefs, way of life, environment, or culture of the Black foot people. Use the websites given to learn about the life of the Blackfoot before the coming of the Europeans.
Complete the PPT template provided to you; demonstrate your understanding of the Blackfoot culture, way of life, and environment.
Process and Resources
1. Use these websites to learn about the life of the Blackfoot nation.
- Complete the following activities:
How we Lived with the Land (student research guide)
How we Lived with the Buffalo (student research guide)
- Use this website (Glenbow Museum) Select English or French; Select HTML
- Begin with How We Lived On the Land
- Read and learn about the life of the Blackfoot
- Blackfoot Research.